|Type||Non-denominational secondary school under state control|
|Local authority||South Ayrshire Council|
|Head Teacher||Mr Anderson|
|Staff||42 Teaching staff |
50 Support Staff
|Gender||Male and female|
|Age||11 to 17–18|
|Enrolment||521 As of 2017/18[update]|
In the early 1800s there were two schools in Girvan: the Burgh School and the Parish School, which was also known as the Parochial or Grammar School at different times in its history. Around 1812, the two schools merged to form Girvan Higher Grade School which later became Girvan High School, subsequently renamed as Girvan Academy.
The present building was completed in 1988.
In 2017 the school launched a horticultural and rural skills programme.
- ^ "About The School". Girvan Academy.
- ^ a b "Girvan Academy pupils benefit from horticultural and rural skills". Ayr Advertiser. 10 October 2017.
- ^ "2021/22 Head Teacher Introduction". Girvan Academy.
- ^ "School Handbook 2016 - 2017" (PDF). Girvan Academy. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 December 2017. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
This article about a school in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.